Skip to main content

love

= CHARITY...

i was reminded that that's how elisabeth elliot wanted to define it... and as i searched the meaning of charity, this is what i got:

noun, plural -ties.
1.generous actions or donations to aid the poor, ill, or helpless
2.something given to a person or persons in need; alms
4.a charitable fund, foundation, or institution
5.benevolent feeling, esp. toward those in need or in disfavor
6.leniency in judging others; forbearance
7.Christian love; agape.
(http://www.dictionary.com)

i was surprised with the last definition.. hehe kahit pala sa mundo, alam nila yun... hehehehe sometimes when we hear the word charity, charitable institutions na nga lang yung pumapasok sa isip natin... but that's how God loves us...

and ngayon ko lang nakita yung King James Version ng 1 Corinthians 13.. and the word used there is charity...

4Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

7Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8Charity never faileth

and whoa.. Lord... we've got a lot to learn... that's how You loved us... remember, placing Jesus name instead of charity... that's Jesus.. and if we ought to be in His image and likeness, He'd teach us how to be like Him... through this... ^_^ whoa... ^_^

Christians today... especially when in relationships, have the tendency to be provoked and to compromise what they know about "love".. if the love they know is not charity, then they will be easily swayed... with worldy love... erotic love... that's why one must heed His Words first... hide himself in Him... be taught charity... before anything else... or else... it won't work.. it will lead to destruction... ^_^

when i was browsing one of my devotions in the said chapter... dated december 11 2006, i wrote there,

LOVE
- long suffering... [there are other notes that says like this...hehe if you'll look at my Bible] only love can take you through
- only love can move you to endure
- only love can persevere... [mali ako dito.. hehe dapat pala charity... God's love... agape love.. true love in view of God's perspective... pwede kasing ma-misinterpret.. pero that time, yung love na nasa isip ko lang, yung love na sinasabi sa Bible.. hehehe.. now i know... i understood..]

Love God's way!

Song of Songs 8:6-7

Place me like a seal over your heart,
like a seal on your arm;
for love is as strong as death,
its jealousy unyielding as the grave.
It burns like blazing fire,
like a mighty flame.

Many waters cannot quench love;
rivers cannot wash it away.
If one were to give
all the wealth of his house for love,
it would be utterly scorned.

love that can never be bribed

love as strong as death

love that never dies

No water can quench that fire...!

pray for it!

hehe... that's what i wrote... desiring that my love for Christ would be like that... that every Christian's love for Christ would be like that... para wala nang gulo...

hehe... i remember, when asked before... three things that you're praying for... i would always say [even until now] that God would fill this world with love... i want the people to know how to love... pero that time, di ko pa ganun na naintindihan yung hinihingi ko... hehe.. pero alam ko na pag tinuruan ni Lord yung mga tao na magmahal, ganun yung magiging dating... ^_^... parang ngayon lang nag-shrink in sa kin... i mean, ngayon ko lang naintindihan to the next level yun.. hooooh Lord... thank YOu for allowing me to understand...

if not for obeying You, i won't be reminded of all these... i won't undestand all these... whew..

i don't know why He keeps on reminding me of these... OF HIS LOVE... OF LOVE HIS WAY... hehe.. [dahil ba the world is excited for Valentine's day?] hehe i dunno... pero i'm shouting out!!! to the young Christian people! to those who's long been searching for love! heed His Word... get to know GOd's love first... then you'll enjoy Him... you'll never know how it is to love if you haven't received love yet... receive love from the Greatest Lover Himself - Jesus Christ!

wag kayong malungkot if they are "happy" ... if the world is "happy"

there's the greatest love story waiting for you ahead...

if you'll just remain in God...

just remain in God...

just remain in God...

cultivate your love story with the Greatest Lover first... !

then you'll never be in need of anything..

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Issues of the mom-heart

I've read somewhere that everyone's miserable. They're just good at hiding it. I have been trying to find out why this new season seems to be a burden to me. Don't get me wrong -- I enjoy motherhood and I love my little one but something seems to be blocking my view of experiencing it joyfully.  Callie's already 10 months and everything just dawned on me -- why I was struggling, why I can't see things the way it should be, why I felt ineffective and frustrated and depressed. I think I just had post-partum depression.  I just got back from my US business trip and I just bursted into tears a few days after while singing Jesus loves me -- as if I'm telling that to myself. I'm grateful that I have a husband who listens and understands and encourages me that I can do it! I just realized the root cause(s) of what's going on after that incident. I was too attached to Callie that I don't want her to leave my site when I'm with her. I

Maturity

I was reading a long-overdue-book and I bumped into this: I have been married for almost two years now and I suddenly reminisced my late teenage years... It was in those years when God made me realize that maturity doesn't come with age... I was younger then, when I understood this very excerpt from the book Let Me Be a Woman (funny how everything He taught me is already in this book had I not stopped reading it! Indeed His humor is amazing). I started reading this way back 2007 or 2008 only to continue it now and read this now. I stopped reading it way back then because I don't have plans of getting married yet... little did I know that He will make me understand this in His own personal way. And right now, I was like, "So Lord, You must be saying, 'I told you so..' right?" haha! ...  The key to meeting your better half starts with maturity. And maturity comes from God.   To those who are still searching for their better half, don't. Don&#

Thoughts

Exodus Moses brought Joseph's bones out of Egypt when God freed them. Joseph made his family swear under oath that when God pays them a visit, they have to carry his bones with them. Joseph mentioned that surely, God will take them to the land He promised Abraham, Isaac & Jacob. Maybe, Joseph's brothers tell this to their sons & daughters so even after x number of years, they are still reminded of Joseph's request. The Israelites know that the time will come when God will take them out of Egypt but maybe they just didn't believe so He needed Moses to perform the miracles, that they might know Him, trust Him and believe in Him. Sometimes, we know what God said and what God promised us... but when it's already in front of us, it's hard to determine that God is already moving. Why? Because we are comfortable with the misery that we are in to. It dulls our senses and makes us forget the promise of God. Be careful with where you are right now.