Skip to main content

who deserves your true love?

got this from ate gil.. from the book true love waits... it's just a great reminder for me.. for us.. who are striving to be pure in this lustful world.. to those who think this might be weird or something... don't easily shut your doors.. think about this, what if it's worth it..? =) aren't you tired going your own way..? how about God's way? =)

Give me FIVE:

WHO DESERVES YOUR TRUE LOVE? (5 persons needing your true love)

1. GOD.-------His love wasn't just mushy feelings.

  • He put it into action by GIVING his son...We express our love for God by offering our BODIES to Him. More than money we drop in the offering bag or the song of praise n worship we sing, God desires US-our mind, soul, strength and HEART.
  • To offer our bodies means that we have to agree with God about his standards for sexual purity.
  • God limits sex to marriage to give us greater joy and pleasure---without guilt, without danger and with deeper lasting meaning.

2. YOU.------God wants us to respect and express true love to ourselves.

  • You are a dwelling place. Don't mess with it.We are God's ownership---Now, the boss doesn't want us to mess with His property. Just think that each time you allow your mind to dwell on lustful stuff(or worldly stuff), you are actually giving the enemy an extra arrow to shoot you down.

3. FAMILY N FRIENDS.------True love should give us the heart for others.

  • Think of your family-esp your PARENTS who want only what's best for you, your FRIENDS-staying with you through the good n bad times--don't they deserve true love from you?
  • You can show your parents that you love them by letting them see that you are handling your relationships (romantic or not) in a godly, and therefore responsible manner. Show true love to your parents by sparing them from unnecessary pain.
  • As for FRIENDS-treat them as brothers and sisters in Christ.
  • You are at an age where you meet a lot of people, it's a good idea not to be caught up with just ONE person around whom you build your world. You can choose to focus your energy on making friends, getting to know diff types of people. Enjoy the benefits of rich, wholesome friendships, instead of being OBSESSED with the idea of finding God's best.
  • Having a bf or gf is definitely not part of the 10 commandments...It's not like O2 which you need in order to survive.
  • God is most likely planning a marriage for you----but don't get pressured to enter into a relationship just because you feel lonely and everybody seems to be stuck with someone else....
  • If you are steady with someone already-your responsibility is to keep the other person pure in the name of Christ. It would also be helPful if you talk about the GOAL of your relationship in light of God's leading in your lives. As you get to know more about each other, you can surely get more creative than just watching movie or eating out all the time. Don't shut yourselves from the world around you.

4. YOUR FUTURE MATE NEEDS YOUR TRUE LOVE (pwde ba umiyak?!) -------

  • You probably spent countless hours dreaming about her in the wedding dress and yet she remains faceless. You have every detail about your wedding, the motiff, the place etc...but still missing one thing-the groom. At one point or another, we have all thought of what our wedding would be like.
  • For starters, you can just try to be the person God wants you to be for that special someone.
  • Instead of concentrating on the attributes you want for your future partner, try being the "ideal" man or woman...If you want a queen...work hard, for she will want a king for her husband won't she?
  • YOU CAN CHOOSE TO KEEP YOURSELF PURE FOR THAT SPECIAL PERSON. YOU CAN PRAY FOR YOUR FUTURE MATE THAT GOD WOULD ALSO PUT THE BURDEN ON HIS/HER HEART TO REMAIN SEXUALLY PURE UNTIL MARRIAGE! IT CAN BE A GIFT FOR YOUR FUTURE SPOUSE...
  • You can try writing a letter to your future spouse saying "You know, I'm doing my best to stay pure...for God and for you...I am waiting for you knowing God is preparing both of us, molding us to perfectly fit and meet in His perfect time.I pray you're doing the same..." then let him see that on the night of your wedding...(nakakaiyak naman yun...)

5. YOUR FUTURE KIDS NEED YOUR TRUE LOVE.-----True love looks ahead. =P True love does not simply give in to present urges.

  • Children are too precious to be mere outcomes of "accidents." You can extend true love to your future kids by making sure that they are born in a healthy environment.
  • A few minutes' pleasure can change your life--and others as well--forever. Remember curses and blessings? Be determined to give them a life of blessing because by obeying God.
  • You can try writing a letter to them now saying "You know, Mommy/Daddy is doing her/his best to stay pure...in the midst of a tempting world...because we want you to have a blessed future!" ----whaaaaaaaa....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Issues of the mom-heart

I've read somewhere that everyone's miserable. They're just good at hiding it. I have been trying to find out why this new season seems to be a burden to me. Don't get me wrong -- I enjoy motherhood and I love my little one but something seems to be blocking my view of experiencing it joyfully.  Callie's already 10 months and everything just dawned on me -- why I was struggling, why I can't see things the way it should be, why I felt ineffective and frustrated and depressed. I think I just had post-partum depression.  I just got back from my US business trip and I just bursted into tears a few days after while singing Jesus loves me -- as if I'm telling that to myself. I'm grateful that I have a husband who listens and understands and encourages me that I can do it! I just realized the root cause(s) of what's going on after that incident. I was too attached to Callie that I don't want her to leave my site when I'm with her. I

Maturity

I was reading a long-overdue-book and I bumped into this: I have been married for almost two years now and I suddenly reminisced my late teenage years... It was in those years when God made me realize that maturity doesn't come with age... I was younger then, when I understood this very excerpt from the book Let Me Be a Woman (funny how everything He taught me is already in this book had I not stopped reading it! Indeed His humor is amazing). I started reading this way back 2007 or 2008 only to continue it now and read this now. I stopped reading it way back then because I don't have plans of getting married yet... little did I know that He will make me understand this in His own personal way. And right now, I was like, "So Lord, You must be saying, 'I told you so..' right?" haha! ...  The key to meeting your better half starts with maturity. And maturity comes from God.   To those who are still searching for their better half, don't. Don&#

Thoughts

Exodus Moses brought Joseph's bones out of Egypt when God freed them. Joseph made his family swear under oath that when God pays them a visit, they have to carry his bones with them. Joseph mentioned that surely, God will take them to the land He promised Abraham, Isaac & Jacob. Maybe, Joseph's brothers tell this to their sons & daughters so even after x number of years, they are still reminded of Joseph's request. The Israelites know that the time will come when God will take them out of Egypt but maybe they just didn't believe so He needed Moses to perform the miracles, that they might know Him, trust Him and believe in Him. Sometimes, we know what God said and what God promised us... but when it's already in front of us, it's hard to determine that God is already moving. Why? Because we are comfortable with the misery that we are in to. It dulls our senses and makes us forget the promise of God. Be careful with where you are right now.