Skip to main content

i have Him...

... and that's what matters.. .

I can really relate with the passage below.. . and it's just so timely.. . this day is really challenging.. . and indeed it's a test of faith.. . whose principle would you choose if you are faced with the principles of this world -- which is focused on physical attributes.. .

if you would look at what the world is looking at, you'll find out that you lack everything.. . and that would be a very great stressor.. . i have heard once that the reason not to be happy is to compare yourself with others.. . but sometimes we tend to look at other people.. . how good they are in an area.. . etc.. . and sometimes upon realizing that, i really feel so low.. . ^^, but then I thank Him for His Grace.. . He's always reminding me that all i need is HIM.. . and that's a very very big advantage.. . the people may have everything in this world.. . but if they don't have Jesus, they'd feel very very empty.. .

you may be good at one thing.. . but it's better to be weak at something because His Grace is ever sufficient and when you are weak, You are strong.. . because God is your strength.. .

actually, i applied for a job.. . haha.. . and that's really what i prayed for.. . but indeed, it's a challenge.. . i don't even know why i'm there but i'm just following His commands.. . and actually, i know that i don't really have all the knowledge about the subject but still He placed me there.. . Oh Lord, is this another training ground? haha! and I believe that He who began a good work in me will carry it on to completion.. . i just have to tough it out.. .and i believe it's needed.. . i have to undergo this one.. . humility.. .

but i'm still asking why He placed me there.. . but i really thank God for reminding me of His principles.. . that i don't really have to be good in speaking.. . the diction and stuffs.. . it will only draw people to me.. . and I thank Him for this! for my weaknesses.. . ^^,

but i know that if you lack anything, you just have to ask Him and He will give it to you.. . ^^,

thank God!

***


The Miracle of Belief


My speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom . . . —1 Corinthians 2:4


Paul was a scholar and an orator of the highest degree; he was not speaking here out of a deep sense of humility, but was saying that when he preached the gospel, he would veil the power of God if he impressed people with the excellency of his speech. Belief in Jesus is a miracle produced only by the effectiveness of redemption, not by impressive speech, nor by wooing and persuading, but only by the sheer unaided power of God. The creative power of redemption comes through the preaching of the gospel, but never because of the personality of the preacher.

Real and effective fasting by a preacher is not fasting from food, but fasting from eloquence, from impressive diction, and from everything else that might hinder the gospel of God being presented. The preacher is there as the representative of God— ". . . as though God were pleading through us . . ." (2 Corinthians 5:20). He is there to present the gospel of God. If it is only because of my preaching that people desire to be better, they will never get close to Jesus Christ. Anything that flatters me in my preaching of the gospel will result in making me a traitor to Jesus, and I prevent the creative power of His redemption from doing its work.

"And I, if I am lifted up. . . , will draw all peoples to Myself" (John 12:32).

-utmost for His Highest

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Issues of the mom-heart

I've read somewhere that everyone's miserable. They're just good at hiding it. I have been trying to find out why this new season seems to be a burden to me. Don't get me wrong -- I enjoy motherhood and I love my little one but something seems to be blocking my view of experiencing it joyfully.  Callie's already 10 months and everything just dawned on me -- why I was struggling, why I can't see things the way it should be, why I felt ineffective and frustrated and depressed. I think I just had post-partum depression.  I just got back from my US business trip and I just bursted into tears a few days after while singing Jesus loves me -- as if I'm telling that to myself. I'm grateful that I have a husband who listens and understands and encourages me that I can do it! I just realized the root cause(s) of what's going on after that incident. I was too attached to Callie that I don't want her to leave my site when I'm with her. I

Maturity

I was reading a long-overdue-book and I bumped into this: I have been married for almost two years now and I suddenly reminisced my late teenage years... It was in those years when God made me realize that maturity doesn't come with age... I was younger then, when I understood this very excerpt from the book Let Me Be a Woman (funny how everything He taught me is already in this book had I not stopped reading it! Indeed His humor is amazing). I started reading this way back 2007 or 2008 only to continue it now and read this now. I stopped reading it way back then because I don't have plans of getting married yet... little did I know that He will make me understand this in His own personal way. And right now, I was like, "So Lord, You must be saying, 'I told you so..' right?" haha! ...  The key to meeting your better half starts with maturity. And maturity comes from God.   To those who are still searching for their better half, don't. Don&#

Thoughts

Exodus Moses brought Joseph's bones out of Egypt when God freed them. Joseph made his family swear under oath that when God pays them a visit, they have to carry his bones with them. Joseph mentioned that surely, God will take them to the land He promised Abraham, Isaac & Jacob. Maybe, Joseph's brothers tell this to their sons & daughters so even after x number of years, they are still reminded of Joseph's request. The Israelites know that the time will come when God will take them out of Egypt but maybe they just didn't believe so He needed Moses to perform the miracles, that they might know Him, trust Him and believe in Him. Sometimes, we know what God said and what God promised us... but when it's already in front of us, it's hard to determine that God is already moving. Why? Because we are comfortable with the misery that we are in to. It dulls our senses and makes us forget the promise of God. Be careful with where you are right now.