Skip to main content

what about kids.. .

KIDS.

Innocent.

Not-minding anything.

Time is of no essence.

Nothing but play time.

I found myself taking a picture of these kids while I was watching them play with the net --they just kept on swinging the net with the ball inside and they enjoyed it. They kept on laughing and giggling and laughing not minding if what they're doing will tire them out. If you'll see two adults doing this, you might say it's silly.. . but kids don't mind what others think of what they do as long as they enjoy it ^^ It's their task to play.. .

That's why it breaks my heart to see kids on the street smoking. Kids, say 4, 5 or 6 years old.. . and above.. . and sadly, there are some who are younger.It just breaks my heart.. . Even so now, watching it on TV (Smokids | i-witness). What can I do? Who's to blame? It crushed me even more when the kid said, "Natutunan ko sa bahay.. . yung tatay ko kasi pinapabili ako ng sigarilyo tapos pinasindihan ng tatay ko sa tindahan. sabi sa 'kin hithitin ko na.. . kaya yun" -whew.. . - The reporter said that the parents do discourage their children to smoke (if they caught them doing so).. . hoooh... . but they're not that firm with the rule. They think they will outgrow the habit and there will come a time that they will stop smoking.. . (so pagtanda na nila 'yun?) and here's another family, parents giving the smoke to their child who's around 4 or 5.. . waaah.. . They may want to discourage them but that's what the kids see around them.. . It's the trend of the environment they live in.. . What can they do? Kung ganito na lahat ng bata ngayon, para na tayong nagpapausok ng manok.. .

We may think that kids are innocent, what we do to them doesn't have an effect in the future or it can still be stopped or it's nothing.. . but we're wrong. What they experience during that stage in life greatly impacts their personality --who they will become when they grow up because they just absorb everything that we teach them.

Try observing the Chinese or Japanese (ito ang napapala ng panonood ng Karate Kid, Ninja, Ninja Assassin and many others). They don't train teenagers to be Ninjas. They train KIDS to become Ninjas.

There was once a doctor who said, "Give me children and i'll make a doctor out of him/her."

It all starts during childhood. These years should not be taken for granted. It's the time where they experience the world --the good, the bad and the ugly side of the world. What they experience, they will forever take with them. What they are with greatly influence them --their values and practice. Just try disciplining a child to brush his teeth every night, he will grow up doing that. And try to practice the other way around, he will reach elementary and will not brush his teeth.. . If we will not be responsible with our actions, what will happen to them?

Moreover, Jesus values them so much.. . And He has given them power over the enemy.

Through the praise of children and infants

you have established a stronghold against

your enemies,

to silence the foe and the avenger.

-Psalm 8:2

Their prayers are powerful as well and should not be taken for granted.. . That's why the enemy destroys them even while they are still young.. . Good thing He has a great plan and purpose! But who will influence them? Who will reach out?

We should not take them for granted because they will become the future leaders of this nation.. . And the reporter said it all "Ang pagsugpo sa paninigarilyo ay magsisimula sa pamilya -Jay Taruc". It us up to us--the family.

We can't just blame it to the government.. . We can't blame it to the authorities.. . We must start within the family.. .

I pray that God will touch the hearts of the people reading this.. . to be moved to pray for the young ones.. . and their families as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Issues of the mom-heart

I've read somewhere that everyone's miserable. They're just good at hiding it. I have been trying to find out why this new season seems to be a burden to me. Don't get me wrong -- I enjoy motherhood and I love my little one but something seems to be blocking my view of experiencing it joyfully.  Callie's already 10 months and everything just dawned on me -- why I was struggling, why I can't see things the way it should be, why I felt ineffective and frustrated and depressed. I think I just had post-partum depression.  I just got back from my US business trip and I just bursted into tears a few days after while singing Jesus loves me -- as if I'm telling that to myself. I'm grateful that I have a husband who listens and understands and encourages me that I can do it! I just realized the root cause(s) of what's going on after that incident. I was too attached to Callie that I don't want her to leave my site when I'm with her. I

Maturity

I was reading a long-overdue-book and I bumped into this: I have been married for almost two years now and I suddenly reminisced my late teenage years... It was in those years when God made me realize that maturity doesn't come with age... I was younger then, when I understood this very excerpt from the book Let Me Be a Woman (funny how everything He taught me is already in this book had I not stopped reading it! Indeed His humor is amazing). I started reading this way back 2007 or 2008 only to continue it now and read this now. I stopped reading it way back then because I don't have plans of getting married yet... little did I know that He will make me understand this in His own personal way. And right now, I was like, "So Lord, You must be saying, 'I told you so..' right?" haha! ...  The key to meeting your better half starts with maturity. And maturity comes from God.   To those who are still searching for their better half, don't. Don&#

Thoughts

Exodus Moses brought Joseph's bones out of Egypt when God freed them. Joseph made his family swear under oath that when God pays them a visit, they have to carry his bones with them. Joseph mentioned that surely, God will take them to the land He promised Abraham, Isaac & Jacob. Maybe, Joseph's brothers tell this to their sons & daughters so even after x number of years, they are still reminded of Joseph's request. The Israelites know that the time will come when God will take them out of Egypt but maybe they just didn't believe so He needed Moses to perform the miracles, that they might know Him, trust Him and believe in Him. Sometimes, we know what God said and what God promised us... but when it's already in front of us, it's hard to determine that God is already moving. Why? Because we are comfortable with the misery that we are in to. It dulls our senses and makes us forget the promise of God. Be careful with where you are right now.