Skip to main content

watchmen

As a Christian, God places you as a watchman for yourself, your friends, your family, and your church family.. . God may choose to give you words of encouragement to share with your friend.. . If you are spiritually alert, you may receive a warning from God that addresses specific dangers that those around you are facing.. .Strive to be attentive to every word that comes to you from God.. .Your diligence will benefit you and those around you as you heed God's warnings and follow His commands.

-Experiencing God

I don't know if everyone is called to be a watchman.. . in older times, there are watchmen staying on the walls, looking out if there's an enemy coming.. . or whatever.. . they alert the people and tell them if they need to prepare for something.. . this setting was applied before because countries are surrounded by walls and they really have to have a look out for them to be informed if there's an enemy coming.. .

Nowadays, it seems that there is no physical need for a watchman.. . but spiritually, there is.. . there should be someone sounding the alarm when the enemy's coming.. .there should be someone shouting or encouraging the people to prepare if there's a need to prepare for something.. .there should be someone who's so diligent to seek God.. .and tell the people what He wants them to do.. .

Just this lunch time.. .I met with a friend at Robinson's Imus.. .we chit chat for a while.. . it's been a long time since i talked to this person.. . some stories were shared.. . I was no longer shocked upon hearing them.. . i don't know.. .not that my heart is already hardened because of news like that.. .(well, actually, you can hear it anywhere -- people getting pregnant.. . young ones engaging in premarital sex.. .etc).. . it's just that it is not impossible to happen.. . (and that hurts! ganun na lang ba ka-"normal" yung mga ganung bagay??) -exhale- we talked.. .and shared some experiences.. .and talked.. . then I was reminded of my devotion (about being a watchman).. . You just don't know the blessing that is in you.. . release it.. . You may have that word of encouragement that that person needs to hear from God.. . I'm just thankful that God prepared my heart for that.. . but this entry is not really about that.. .^^, this is just an introduction ^^,

upon hearing those stories.. . again, I wasn't shocked.. . but on my way home, I can't help but ask Him WHY?.. .
Lord, WHY is this happening to our generation.. .?
WHY is everyone crazy about that.. .?
WHY is it easy for them to give their virginity to someone.. .?
WHY can't they look to You.. .?
WHY.. .WHY.. .WHY.. .??? ???

so many WHYs.. . just felt my heart crushing.. . (well last night, I just asked Him to break me.. .and.. well.. .yeah.. .**, as usual.. .haha) going back.. .yup.. .I just can't help but ask why.. . then He answered.. .through His still small voice.. . "Is there someone praying for them.. .?" yeah.. .is there someone praying for them.. .? Do you cry out for the people around you.. .? Do you CARE?!?!

When people commit mistakes, do you shun them or do you choose to show forth love.. .?
Do you condemn them or do you encourage them to look up.. .tell them that God sees them beautifully inspite of what they did..?

The answer to my question boiled down to one thing -- LOVE. Charity. (i want to use that word CHARITY.. .)

If there are people patient enough to shepherd them.. .to make them feel that they are understood (and not misunderstood).. .to make them understand that all of us have sinned and fall short of His glory.. . to share His grace to them.. . maybe.. .just maybe.. .things would be different.. . *_*

The young ones need attention! they need love.. .not condemnation.. .they don't need you to remind them that what they did was wrong.. they already know that.. .they have to experience His love.. .through you.. .

It just broke my heart.. realizing that the people around me are experiencing that.. . it broke my heart all the more when they're telling me that they feel condemned.. . that shouldn't be! they are not condemned in God's eyes.. . and i just can't help but cry.. . *_*

Good thing I can pray.. . Great thing God has a plan.. . this is His JOB.. . and I can have that peace in my heart that transcends all understanding that God is in control.. .

But I pray that this may speak to whomever He wants to.. .


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Issues of the mom-heart

I've read somewhere that everyone's miserable. They're just good at hiding it. I have been trying to find out why this new season seems to be a burden to me. Don't get me wrong -- I enjoy motherhood and I love my little one but something seems to be blocking my view of experiencing it joyfully.  Callie's already 10 months and everything just dawned on me -- why I was struggling, why I can't see things the way it should be, why I felt ineffective and frustrated and depressed. I think I just had post-partum depression.  I just got back from my US business trip and I just bursted into tears a few days after while singing Jesus loves me -- as if I'm telling that to myself. I'm grateful that I have a husband who listens and understands and encourages me that I can do it! I just realized the root cause(s) of what's going on after that incident. I was too attached to Callie that I don't want her to leave my site when I'm with her. I

Maturity

I was reading a long-overdue-book and I bumped into this: I have been married for almost two years now and I suddenly reminisced my late teenage years... It was in those years when God made me realize that maturity doesn't come with age... I was younger then, when I understood this very excerpt from the book Let Me Be a Woman (funny how everything He taught me is already in this book had I not stopped reading it! Indeed His humor is amazing). I started reading this way back 2007 or 2008 only to continue it now and read this now. I stopped reading it way back then because I don't have plans of getting married yet... little did I know that He will make me understand this in His own personal way. And right now, I was like, "So Lord, You must be saying, 'I told you so..' right?" haha! ...  The key to meeting your better half starts with maturity. And maturity comes from God.   To those who are still searching for their better half, don't. Don&#

Thoughts

Exodus Moses brought Joseph's bones out of Egypt when God freed them. Joseph made his family swear under oath that when God pays them a visit, they have to carry his bones with them. Joseph mentioned that surely, God will take them to the land He promised Abraham, Isaac & Jacob. Maybe, Joseph's brothers tell this to their sons & daughters so even after x number of years, they are still reminded of Joseph's request. The Israelites know that the time will come when God will take them out of Egypt but maybe they just didn't believe so He needed Moses to perform the miracles, that they might know Him, trust Him and believe in Him. Sometimes, we know what God said and what God promised us... but when it's already in front of us, it's hard to determine that God is already moving. Why? Because we are comfortable with the misery that we are in to. It dulls our senses and makes us forget the promise of God. Be careful with where you are right now.