Skip to main content

pinagawang love story

For such a time as this… he’s just by your side


The night seemed dark and endless… Once again, what she thought wouldn’t happen come true. She saw her fiancé with another girl at a restaurant this afternoon. “Not again…sob” she told herself as she embraced her favorite pillow. “This always happens to me. I thought he loves me so much that he’s willing to spend the rest of his life with me…I thought his love for me is real… and yet he broke my heart…sniff… He’s the same just like any other guy who came and said they’ll stay… But they’re all the same! All of them are good at breaking my heart…” She kept on sobbing until she fell asleep.

Chelsea’s always in search for true love just like any typical young adult who wants to feel loved… who wants to have a sense of belongingness. But time after time, what she gets is a broken heart. “I’ll never find that guy…who’s willing to love me forever… who’s willing to love me for real.” She often writes in her journal after seeing his guy with someone else. But little did she know that there’s this someone who’s watching over her from time to time. Little did she know that there’s this someone who’s always crying whenever she’s broken. There’s this someone who’s feeling the same hurt she’s feeling. There’s this someone who’s long been wanting for her to feel his embrace. There’s this someone who sacrificed his everything for him to see her happy. There’s this someone who’s just waiting for her to come to him for the past years… Sadly, she didn’t even took time to look at him, even to just glance a little. But this guy’s still persistent. Everyday, he sends her his embrace through the wind. He always has a love letter ready for her to read but she didn’t take time to read it. He always protects her without her knowing. He’s still willing to court her even if she will not answer him. Oh how he loves her! If only she’d knew.

The next day, her eyes are baggy because of what happened the other night.
“Hey, can you please do me a favor? Can we go out today? I just want to go to the salon and have my hair fixed.” She called her friend Annie.
“What happened? Not again?!?!” Annie replied.
“Yes, it happened again. Forget it! I have to move on.”
“But dear, how many times do I have to tell you that going to the salon after a heartache will do you no good. It’s just temporary…”
“What can I do? Where else could I go?! I’m tired…” Chelsea cried again.
“And how many times do I have to tell you that there’s someone waiting for you. He’s done everything. And yet you’re still numb that you don’t even feel it! You keep on ignoring him when he’s sacrificed everything for you! Isn’t it time for you to accept him…? To give it a try..?!” Annie said.
“OK. I wanna meet him.” Chelsea answered with her deepest sigh.

Annie introduced her to him. She reminded Chelsea of how long this guy’s been waiting to meet her. How he longs for her to feel his embrace. How he longs for her to feel loved. How he longs for her to look at him. How he longs for her to answer him back. How he longs for her to love him back.
“And you know who that guy is..?” Annie asked her.
“Do you know who’s always been there for you..?! Who sends you love letters everyday? Who sends you rain when you fell like crying? Who sends you the wind to embrace you? Who gave you the stars so that you could watch it every night? Who gave up his life for you to live…?”
Chelsea’s face is crying.
“His name is Jesus Christ. And He’s long been waiting for you to come to Him. He alone can satisfy you. He alone can give you the love you’ve long been searching. He alone loves you unconditionally that He gave up His life for you… It’s a foolish thing to do if you reject Him… it would be really really foolish for you not to accept what He’s offering… in Him you’ll experience joy. For He said in His words, ‘The mountains and hills may crumble but my love for you will never end.’ See how much He loves you..?”
Chelsea can’t help but cry. She felt God’s comfort and embrace. She’s sorry for she looked everywhere to find love and happiness but it’s just right in front of her, waiting to be accepted. She searched for true love, but she didn’t even take a look at the Greatest Lover Himself – Jesus Christ. Now she wants to make amends. She wants to love Him back. She wants to fall in His arms. And she did the right thing… She accepted Him. So no matter what happens, wherever life takes her, she’s secured. Because she has Jesus by her side.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Issues of the mom-heart

I've read somewhere that everyone's miserable. They're just good at hiding it. I have been trying to find out why this new season seems to be a burden to me. Don't get me wrong -- I enjoy motherhood and I love my little one but something seems to be blocking my view of experiencing it joyfully.  Callie's already 10 months and everything just dawned on me -- why I was struggling, why I can't see things the way it should be, why I felt ineffective and frustrated and depressed. I think I just had post-partum depression.  I just got back from my US business trip and I just bursted into tears a few days after while singing Jesus loves me -- as if I'm telling that to myself. I'm grateful that I have a husband who listens and understands and encourages me that I can do it! I just realized the root cause(s) of what's going on after that incident. I was too attached to Callie that I don't want her to leave my site when I'm with her. I

Maturity

I was reading a long-overdue-book and I bumped into this: I have been married for almost two years now and I suddenly reminisced my late teenage years... It was in those years when God made me realize that maturity doesn't come with age... I was younger then, when I understood this very excerpt from the book Let Me Be a Woman (funny how everything He taught me is already in this book had I not stopped reading it! Indeed His humor is amazing). I started reading this way back 2007 or 2008 only to continue it now and read this now. I stopped reading it way back then because I don't have plans of getting married yet... little did I know that He will make me understand this in His own personal way. And right now, I was like, "So Lord, You must be saying, 'I told you so..' right?" haha! ...  The key to meeting your better half starts with maturity. And maturity comes from God.   To those who are still searching for their better half, don't. Don&#

Thoughts

Exodus Moses brought Joseph's bones out of Egypt when God freed them. Joseph made his family swear under oath that when God pays them a visit, they have to carry his bones with them. Joseph mentioned that surely, God will take them to the land He promised Abraham, Isaac & Jacob. Maybe, Joseph's brothers tell this to their sons & daughters so even after x number of years, they are still reminded of Joseph's request. The Israelites know that the time will come when God will take them out of Egypt but maybe they just didn't believe so He needed Moses to perform the miracles, that they might know Him, trust Him and believe in Him. Sometimes, we know what God said and what God promised us... but when it's already in front of us, it's hard to determine that God is already moving. Why? Because we are comfortable with the misery that we are in to. It dulls our senses and makes us forget the promise of God. Be careful with where you are right now.